Pages

Week #79 || Wasilla, AK

Tuesday, February 27, 2018


HELLO HELLO πŸ’• can you believe it’s already been another week?! Crazy. It dumped snow all week on us up here & it was amazing. Fresh white snow on the mountains? I mean COME ON 😍 Alaska is the best.

Let’s jump in.
Last Monday night we went to check in on Joyce and see how she was doing. We get in there and sit on her couch chatting and catching up with her and then she’s like, “Sister Dunlop you look so exhausted and sick - are you okay? You look like you might need to go home and sleep for a few days or something,” and then she proceeded to stare into my soul for the next eternity and a half. Thanks. I’ve just been scarred for life exhausted ever since they had us get up at 2am from the MTC and fly up here forever ago and haven’t had time to catch up on sleep. I’ll sleep when I die.

We put two people on date for baptism this week! We solidified Emily’s date (see last weekly) and then invited another kid named Billy, a senior in high school who calls himself “Mormon” even though he’s not baptized [yet], to be baptized in March. God is good. We visited Barb this week (the lady we had been teaching 5ever who was actually a member) and Sister Parrish from Fairbanks 5th came down and took us to IHOP. When we were at IHOP, we met this guy named Dan and his little daughter there and asked them if they’d be interested in learning more about how the gospel of Jesus Christ blesses families. HE SAID YES. He gave us his address and we found out that he lives in the Knik-Fairview boundaries so we called the elders to come with us to a pass off a few hours later and when we showed up at Dan’s house, he had an Alaska State Trooper truck in his driveway #convostarter. Dan was home AND let’s us in (a rare occurrence for missionaries - people both being home for return appointments + actually letting us in) and I asked him about his AST truck. He told us about how he was one of the original cops that inspired the idea for the Alaska State Trooper tv show #bigfan. Anyways, we shared the message of the Restoration with Dan and he ate it right up! He told us how “it makes sense” and the elders have another appointment with him this week. Sister Bentley and I are so tempted to drop in for it but...we’ll see. Other than that, we are knocking doors and tromping through the snow. I love it.

Sunday morning we were up too early to be living for a Ward Council meeting that everyone just talked trunky with me - good stuff. And then was followed by a three hour block of people either asking me where I’m getting transferred to or how soon I’m getting married. Listen, friends. I’m going home to see my fambam and then putting some comfy clothes on - that’s all I’ve got planned so far. Also, I have some mad respect for elders serving their mission for two years - I am so ready to hug my mom and they still have like five months to go #prayersforelders. I have so much stuff to wrap up in the next ten days #organizeyourself but I’ll see you on the other side.
Love you as big as Alaska.
XOXO Sister Dunlop


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS