Pages

Backpacking with God || Wasilla, AK

Thursday, February 1, 2018

Hello hello my fam+friends 💕 
I have to start out with this: yesterday we had a regional broadcast and so the wards in Wasilla gathered together at the stake center to watch it and then afterwords we were helping fold up chairs and a bunch of people from Memory Lake were super impressed that I was still up here. Me too kids, me too.

Other fun and exciting things: the earthquake. Maybe your Facebook feed wasn’t as jam-packed with Alaska Gulf Earthquake updates like mine (I would be really surprised if it was) but there was a pretty big earthquake up here earlier this week that started in the Gulf and echoed up to Wasilla. Sister Melton and I slept right through it - most likely because I’ve never been so exhausted in my life than I’ve been as a missionary - but a bunch of people up here told us it shook their homes pretty bad. Nothing too insane. We’re all good 👌🏼. Also, the wind this week has been crazy but that’s just another perk of being in the Valley.

Wednesday morning we drove down to the airport in Anchorage to pick up Sister Bentley and then headed back up to Eagle River to drop off Sister Melton with Sister Jewel. I maybe cried, it’s fine. Sister Melton is a rockstar and Alaska is going to look so good when she’s done with it. This week has been full of updating Sister Bentley on all the things going on in Wasilla so she feels comfortable and confident taking it over when I go home at the end of this transfer. Weird.

If my mission has taught me anything, it’s this: God will never give us a pack too heavy to carry up the mountain. At first, the backpack is heavy and it takes a little bit of time adjusting to its weight, but He knows how much you can pack and He knows that adding a little more weight each time makes you stronger - “God needs strong soldiers”. Jesus Christ knows what it’s like to carry that much weight because He has done it for all of us before and continues to do it with us as we ascend the mountain. It’s hard. But hard is good. Keep climbing.

You’d figure that I’ve written enough weeklies by now that I would remember to take good photos during the week to send home, but some weeks that just doesn’t happen. Sorry kiddos. Here’s a few. And sorry that this one has been pretty short and sweet, transfer weeks are insane.

XOXO Sister Dunlop

Getting ice cream with all the new sister missionaries
(ps I've been on a mission longer than the four kiddos in the back COMBINED)
Waiting in the missionary line up at the airport

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS