Pages

August 14 2017-Wasilla, AK

Monday, August 14, 2017

I feel like I have a lot to tell you about, but also not really. Last Monday, our zone had Sister Johnson's "funeral" (because she went home on Wednesday/"died"). We put her in a coffin (this huge cardboard box the zonies found for us) and all gave some parting words. On Tuesday morning Sister Johnson and I drove down to Anchorage and picked up Sister Kimball to be a trio for the day. Sister Kimball is a blessed soul who gets to go serve in Lazy Mountain (#tbt) and so we would drop her off in Palmer later that night when I was dropped off in Wasilla. Logistics of transfers are crazy. Our trio went up to Memory Lake because Sister Johnson wanted to say goodbye to some of the families she loved while she was up here. TBH it was a little awkward because I was their new missionary, Sister Johnson was their old missionary, and Sister Kimball was just there for the ride haha. Later that night, we met up with the Lazy Mountain and Memory Lake sisters (Andersen, Petersen, Willden, and Pike). I am so excited to serve with Sister Pike again. We don't have a ton of people to teach right now so we have been planning world [Wasilla] domination all week and we're so stoked for round 2 #bananaandstrawberrybackatitagain. Pretty sure all the elders (we are the only sisters in our zone) hate all our high energy fun but that's okay.

Tender mercy of awesome: my first full day in Memory Lake, we went to go and help at this "Back to School" project where they were handing out backpacks of school supplies, giving haircuts and shots, etc. and all of a sudden I hear, "SISTER DUNLOP!". And I look around like uh...I'm new...who knows me? And then a bunch of families that I love so dearly from Lazy Mountain-Beames, Rundells, Fetters-come running over and hug me. I died.

I had to break out my puffy and thermal tights this week...it's August my dear Alaska. Why are you freezing cold and pouring rain? Rude. Also, the fireweed is pretty tall up here. Alaskans believe that
however tall the fireweed is in the summer is how tall the snow piles are going to be in the winter. I believe it. Bring it on. My photo selection this week is pathetic. So sorry.
XOXO Sis. Dunlop

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS