Pages

A LIST OF THINGS FAIRBANKS, AK HAS TAUGHT ME:

Monday, June 26, 2017

A list of things Fairbanks, AK has taught me:
The gospel makes good people great. 
Do not fear repentance. 
Patience
"You are sent here to prepare this land for a temple"
Learn how to show the Lord that He can trust you.
Some Tongan words (like three)
Matching the missionary message. 
God never gives up on you, don't give up on Him.
"We can't afford for you not to serve as the best missionary you can be"
Fairbanks is a really cold place, but the people here have hearts of gold. 
Obedience+faith+skills=effective missionaries
"Stay prayed up"
Even though I'm imperfect, the Lord uses me to do His work.
He doesn't call the qualified, but qualifies the called #refinersfire
"Heavenly Father knows you by name and He sent YOU to Alaska because it’s where He needs you and where you need to be"
Pride buzzes a noise within us that makes it impossibly hard for us to listen to the still, small voice.
Tracting builds character. 
"Come, Come Ye Saints"
Anything worth having isn't just handed to me, I have to work for it. Work really hard for it. 
Kindness
Life goes on.
A year changes things.
"I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and I know that Thomas S. Monson is our prophet today; there's a whole lot of LIVING in what I just said..."
You just have to be as good as you can be, and the Lord will magnify you and your talents. 
The Lord has sent me here to be His eyes, His heart, His voice, and His hands. 
Alma 34:32
The Lord works on us from the inside, out. 
"In my case, a lot of the answers are in the rear view mirror"
The Lord never fails to provide.
Go out and be grand. 
Declare His gospel with confidence. 
It's about the eternities. 
"God doesn't want us to be humiliated, He wants us to be humble"
Choices and consequences. 
Faith is from God, fear is from Satan. 
Charity
The Lord never asks us to do anything without providing a way to do it.
1 Nephi 3:7
This place has played such a great part of my Refiner's Fire. 
Go about doing good. 
God knew the Restoration would be a hard pill for some people to swallow, so He brought forth the Book of Mormon.
"Smells like the Word of Wisdom"
Trials are evidence of God's love for us. 
There are angels around me. 
Gas station proselyting 
"Repenting is not a backup plan, it is the plan"
God prepares people's hearts for the message of the gospel. 
It will all work out. 
Yellow
We're all just trying to be a little bit of amazing
The Lord would never take you this far, just to leave you to crumble
"Don't turn the page until you've learned something"
The power of a ward family. 
God is in charge. 
Deepest heartbreaks+happiest joys
Pink drinks
I will go and do...even if I don't want to
The Lord's timeline is different than our own, be patient. 
"Every step I took towards the light, the brighter it grew"
The Theory of Distance Traveled
There's a place where the sun doesn't set.
"This is the true and LIVING Church"
Proverbs 4:26
Mercy
"The Coffee-table Book of Excuses of Why I Can't Come To Church Today"
God gives me my people because He loves me.
God knows me.
God cares about me.
The Book of the Mormon
Preach My Gospel is divinely inspired.
"Every child that God sends into the world, He intends for them to succeed"
The gospel makes me my best self.
I can do hard things because I am His.
Don't count anyone out.
God sends me my people.

There's definitely more, and stories behind all of this, I'll just tell you all about it when I'm home.

XOXO the Queen of Fairbanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS